Create a Jewish Legacy (CJL)
Temple Sinai is a Reform Jewish congregation dedicated to the spiritual fulfillment of its members. We value religious observance enhanced by Tikkun Olam (our obligation to repair the world), intellectual challenge, lifelong Jewish learning, and inspiring worship. Our welcoming community nurtures personal connections through active participation in vibrant synagogue life.
We encourage you to join our legacy society today. Our legacy society members are a group of individuals just like you who want to preserve and strengthen what past generations have built here at Temple Sinai. Together we can ensure that our children and grandchildren will have a home in which to express their commitment to Reform Judaism and its ethical values as our ancestors did before us. For now and for the future, we invite you to be a part of assuring our vitality and vibrancy, our traditions and our innovations, our roots and our blossoms for our future generations.
CREATE A JEWISH LEGACY IS...
...a partnership program for Jewish communities across North America which promotes after-lifetime giving to benefit local Jewish day schools, synagogues, social service organizations and other Jewish organizations. Through training, support and monetary incentives CJL motivates Jewish organizations to integrate legacy giving into their philanthropic culture in order to assure Jewish tomorrows.
Temple Sinai is one of fifteen Jewish organizations of the Jewish Federation of Greater MetroWest NJ that was selected to pilot this program to develop legacy giving so that our future as a community will be secure.
WHY CREATE A JEWISH LEGACY?
- To cultivate a culture of legacy giving.
- To foster camaraderie and respect among Jewish organizations.
- To give generous and forward-thinking members of the Jewish community an opportunity to express their passion, purpose and commitment to the future of the community’s most valued Jewish organizations.
- If we don’t ask now, we will miss an opportunity.
In one way or another your life is rooted in Jewish experiences connecting you to the Jewish community. Chances are you already support Temple Sinai,but have you included us in your will or estate plan? By leaving a legacy, you can assure the traditions you cherish today will exist for future generations.
By making a legacy commitment you can:
- Convey your commitment to being Jewish.
- Set an example for your family and community.
- Have an impact on Temple Sinai in the future in a way you may not be able to do today.
- Preserve the programs that support Jewish life at Temple Sinai
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
All of us, regardless of age, wealth or affiliation, have the ability to leave a legacy. Your legacy gift of any size can be customized and structured to fit your dreams, lifestyle, family and financial needs. You can provide support for a particular organization or area of interest by gifting to more than one group if you wish to.
- Reflect on your Jewish passions.
- Have a conversation with a Legacy Team Member.
- Formalize your commitment by making the relevant change to your will, retirement account, beneficiaries or other estate plan.
- Fill out a Confirmation of Commitment form.
- The simplest method of leaving a legacy is through a will or estate plan or by adding (or changing) a beneficiary designation on a retirement fund or life insurance policy.
- Your legacy commitment can be a percentage or your estate or retirement account or a specific dollar amount.
- Some gifts can be structured to increase your current income.
- Other options include a Charitable Remainder Trust, IRA or Pension Fund.